This years running and the injury

The year has been a roller coaster ride for my  running . I started the year planning to get on the running wagon completely with planning out my race calendar for the year. I may have gotten ambitious by deciding on the Boston qualifier as well. It doesn't cost much to dream, does it.
Well officially I still have a shot as the Spice Coast Marathon is scheduled this Sunday.  But the truth of the matter is, let alone 42 Km I cant run a mile with a ankle injury. So all my dreams of BQ are down the drain.
I hurt my ankle in my practice runs post Bangalore marathon. Lesson learnt that I need to run more often and trying to achieve too much in a short time is not possible. Also running in the dark may not be the best time to run.

To be honest, even if the injury wasn't there , I had no chances of getting to my target time, cause I haven't been practicing. why I haven't, well I don't want to spend the whole blog whining so may be another time.
This is what the plan looked like

Puma urban Stampede 2-Aug-15
Bull Run 23-Aug-15
Bengaluru Marathon 18-Oct-15
Pune International Marathon 6-Dec-15
SpiceCoast Marathon 15-Nov-15
Sky Scraper dash 9-Aug-15

 The ones marked in blue is what I ended up running, the red I didn't and the yellow I cant, cause the injury.

The good part of this has been that I managed to polish off an hour from my personal best in the half marathon.  This is was the highest point so far in my journey as a runner.

One of the runs that wasn't part of the plan but I did was the Pinkathon. You can read my experience more about it here
  Something that I realized this year it makes sense to be part of a group or club. The realization struck when I see similar faces during the run and how you have people to cheer along run along when you are down and out. The process of finding  a club  and joining is on.  Hopefully if they let me be part of one. Runners can be an extremely closed community and they make you feel like pariah when one is a lone runner.

So that's my running journey for this year in short. While I rest my leg I am spending time reading books on running.
More on the books maybe in another post.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Post

Bangalore Pinkathon 2015 - memory to cherish

Bipasha Basu’s Breakfree - Review