Dont Drive past- Just showup



I work out in  the evening, not a morning person at all.   Yesterday like all days I got my gym clothes in the car and planned to do the usual, until of course I realized I will be delayed at work.  So somewhere during the course of the last meeting I decided I will skip the gym. And then I did what I didn’t imagine I could have done. I did not drive past the gym, I actually went. I checked my watch and it was 8:20pm. I still had a voice in my head asking me to just get back in the car and drive home, because it was way too late. But I locked the car and walked inside, with some surprised looks in the gym reception. My trainer was equally surprised and commented “so late, I didn’t think you would come in” I smiled and just blamed work and Bangalore traffic.

I surprised myself by killing all the voices in my head and then I heard Jillian in my head saying “What really matters is that you showed up”. For those who read my blogs, know that I absolutely love Jillian Michael’s workout and all her talking in the video. A lot out there don’t like it, but I do. Her screaming and shouting inspires me and no matter what critics have to say she brings change. I know a lot out there who have transformed because she bought fitness to their living room.


We all face lack of motivation, wanting to turn off the TV or not go to the gym. Everyone has those days, and it’s not easy to kill the voices in our head telling us to stop or not go. It’s not easy and nobody knows that better, because of the umpteen times I have driven past the gym. But there is no easy way than to just go out there, shut the door and face it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Post

Bangalore Pinkathon 2015 - memory to cherish

Bipasha Basu’s Breakfree - Review