Workout Updates - The Jillian DVD Rotation


This is gonna be a quick post .The last post I mentioned how I have changed the workout schedule and I happy that I made this change. The muscles are sore; I feel worked and love the pace. Jillian is a true task master and circuit trainings are amazing because you work multiple muscle groups at the same time with zero rest. There is so much packed in the 30 min or 50 min workouts that you achieve more in lesser time.
Trying new dvds to workout at home has made me realize that I like fast paced workouts and circuit trainings works best on my body. Guess we all have things that work for us and some that don’t so whenever you chose a workout routine try everything and when you find something that works for you stick to it.
Just a quick reminder of the schedule

DAY 1 – 6W6P LEVEL 1
DAY 16 6W6P LEVEL 2
DAY 2 - 6W6P LEVEL 1
DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 18 – 6W6P: LEVEL 1 & 2
DAY 4 - 6W6P LEVEL 2
DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 21 - OFF!
DAY 7 - OFF!
DAY 22 - R30 : LEVEL 4 & 3
DAY 8 – R30: LEVEL 2
DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 9 - R30: LEVEL 3
DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 6W6P: LEVEL 2
DAY 11 -  R30 LEVEL 4
DAY 26 - OFF!
DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 6W6P LEVEL 1
DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 14 - OFF!
DAY 29 – R30: LEVEL 3 AND THEN LEVEL 2
DAY 15 - R30: LEVEL 2 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

The 2 new entrants in the schedule is 6 weeks 6 pack and Ripped in 30, both workouts boast about attaining that surf board abs but are not just core centric workouts. As Jillian says there is no way to spot reduce, if you want surf board abs you got to work your entire body and overall fitness.
All of Jillian‘s workout have a central theme of Super Sets and circuit. Super Sets are when you are working on 2 muscle groups at the same time like a bicep curl with a Lunge. The dosage of cardio is quick and intense in most circuits like burpees or mountain climbers. As I reach the end of the schedule I see immense change in my ability to do the different moves.  Also there are wins; stamina has increased and I have dropped 2 pounds on the scale.
In the next post I will update my next schedule and share some of the moves from Jillian’s DVD.
Are them some favorite workout dvds or techniques that you prefer , let me know.


Comments

  1. You really have a great collection of fitness dvd to workout with. Do you have any suggestion for Pilates dvd of intermediate to advanced level? I have been thinking to try some but have no idea which one to go for

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      A pilates DVD that is on my wish list is Physique 57 . Its a mix of pilates and dance .I havent tried it out ,have heard great reviews so I am gonna try and incorporate it in my next months schedule. However if you are looking at pure pilates then try 'Element: Pilates Weight Loss for Beginners' and dont be fooled by the name its not for beginners

      Delete
    2. Hey thanks! I've got two left feet, so I'll try Elements sometime..

      Delete
  2. I love Jillian too, and she is my 'go-to' when I am too lazy to get my ass to the gym lol! Good going with the workouts at home girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Post

Bangalore Pinkathon 2015 - memory to cherish

Bipasha Basu’s Breakfree - Review