Workout Updates and New Beginnigs

 The regularity of updating my workout journal hasn’t been that great but I promise to change that from this week. So without much adue here is the update on the past few weeks.
Week 2 of Rushfit (10th to 15th june)
The last time I posted I mentioned how I was doing the GSP Rushfit Intermediate Schedule. This is how Week 2 schedule is laid out
Day1: Fight Conditioning Workout DVD
Day2: Cardio + Stretch and Flexibility bonus DVD
Day3: Fight Conditioning Workout DVD
Day4: Strength and Endurance workout DVD
Day5: Cardio + Balance and Agility bonus DVD
Day6: Abdominal Strength and Core Conditioning DVD
For Cardio I did Jillian’s Banish Fat and Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zone.

Strength and Endurance workout and Abdominal Strength and Core Conditioning are the same as the Week 1. Let me give you low down all the exercises in both these DVD’s.  Both the DVDs , actually all the workouts in Rushfit have a common warm-up  and cool-down  which are ach 5 minutes longs. The format of the each workout is that it is divided into 5 rounds of circuit workouts with 1 minute break between the workouts. Strength and Endurance Workout   have these moves.
Round 1: air squats, Isolated squats, hands-off pushups, back extensions, and pop-ups
Round2: air squats, squat thrusts, pushups, burpees, and side planks
Round 3: lateral lunges, rotating overhead presses, rotating bent-over rows, upright rows, rotating curls
Round 4: around the world, one-leg single-arm rows, diagonal presses, single-arm swings, dumbbell high pulls
Round 5: twisting floor press, half get-up, prone alternating dumbbell row

The Abdominal Strength and Core Conditioning contain the following moves
Round 1: Single leg dumbbell squat, Dumbbell uppercut, Dumbbell situp, Side to side lower body rotation, Bicycle abs
Round 2: Dumbbell swing, Dumbbell woodchop, Prone dumbbell side press
Round 3: Power sit up (normal situp, swinging hands),Glute bridge, Leg raise, V-up,Leg raise,  
Round 4: Opposites (bird dog – not on knee), Lateral plank, Straight sit up,
Round 5: Back bend (hands and feet on the floor, belly in the air), Navasana / Sit thru / Hindu push up / Sit thru, Mountain climbers

The Fight Conditioning workout like the name suggest is about fight moves, these are basic moves in MMA . GSP teaches you some of the fight moves, front kick, round kick and all the works.
There is a lot of coordination involved, which to me was a little too much because I didn’t want to be a fighter or learn martial arts; all I want is a good workout.  
To be frank I did'nt feel worked out at all. I was messing up big time because I was paying too much attention on how to get the moves right. The first time when I did it, half way through I got frustrated and wanted to shut the video and move one but I battled through. The second time over wasn’t any better, I was still flopping around.   

When I completed the week 2 schedule something that was clear in my head was I didn’t want to do Rushfit . I dint like it. Don’t get me wrong it may be a good workout but it not for me, at least for now. Sometimes no matter how good something is, it may not be the right thing for you. At this moment I am not looking at being an athlete, I just want to get to certain level of fitness.  Rushfit is a good workout if you want to tone and maintain your endurance and do it a slow pace. But if you are like me who wants fast paced stuff cause you are always crunched for time and want to pack in more in every hour then I suggest you look elsewhere.
The slowness of the workout, the common warm-up and cool-down, So many common moves in all the dvds , just got downright boring for me. So I decided that before I quit working out completely because of boredom I need to make some changes. And this is what I did, I knew I loved Jillian’s workout, so put together a workout schedule for 30 days for myself. It is basically a rotation of couple of her videos.
This pretty similar to Jillian’s 30 day Slim down plan on Exercise TV. I posted the original plan here in June and planned to follow it but as always did something completely different so much for planning. What do you think about my workout changes?

 This is how my schedule looks like
DAY 1 – 6W6P LEVEL 1
DAY 16 6W6P LEVEL 2
DAY 2 - 6W6P LEVEL 1
DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 18 – 6W6P: LEVEL 1 & 2
DAY 4 - 6W6P LEVEL 2
DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 21 - OFF!
DAY 7 - OFF!
DAY 22 - R30 : LEVEL 4 & 3
DAY 8 – R30: LEVEL 2
DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 9 - R30: LEVEL 3
DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 6W6P: LEVEL 2
DAY 11 -  R30 LEVEL 4
DAY 26 - OFF!
DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 6W6P LEVEL 1
DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 14 - OFF!
DAY 29 – R30: LEVEL 3 AND THEN LEVEL 2
DAY 15 - R30: LEVEL 2 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

I have already completed the 1st week’s videos and will post the update in part 2 of this post. This one is way too long but if you have lasted this far, please don’t forget to add in your two cents in the comments section

Comments

  1. That is great! I love working out..my day is incomplete without it..

    love
    http://www.meghasarin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megha,workouts can become addictive and one that you are hapy to have

      Delete
  2. Wow! you're gonna rock it dear! Way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey I am looking for a do at home with body weight strength training dvd.. do you suggest I get the Strength & Endurance DVD? Or do you have any good suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sugar,
      The Strength & Endurance DVD is part of the GSP Rushfit kit so I dont know whether you can get it seperately, and the DVD requires using weights so you would need some dumbells. If you are looking at bodyweight then try Jillians workouts which only use body weight such as No more Trouble Zone and Banish Fat and boost Metabolism. Both are excellent. Or else you can put together a workout at home. I published a workout schedule some time back that I have used . It works wonders so you can try that as well

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Post

Bangalore Pinkathon 2015 - memory to cherish

Bipasha Basu’s Breakfree - Review