Bangalore Pinkathon 2015 - memory to cherish



My first marathon for the year was the Pinkathon Bangalore 2015 on the 22nd of Feb. I had almost decided not to run it, but thank god I did. It was the most liberating experience to run  with 11,000 women from different age groups and strata.

The month of February has been the toughest for me. First it was my mother who had the flu then my hubby dearest, followed by my princess and last me. A month of tending to the sick and then having the viral flu taking away all the reserved store of energy from my body, left me with zero exercise or workout.  I looked like a train wreck and work took away what little was left of me. So on the morning of the run while I looked at my sleep deprived self in the mirror I wondered whether I should just go back to bed.  The clocking reminding me that it was 4 am wasn’t helping, and then somewhere I mustered the strength in the deepest corner and got dressed. Tied my shoe laces and drove off to the venue. All the way I promised myself that it was that I had to walk the 10km I would do so.

I don’t know what it was, was it fate or just pure bad luck while I walked from the parking lot to the venue I swung my arm and off flew my wedding band. I was like damn this. I searched and couldn’t find it, but a fellow runner who saw me search for it in the dark helped me find. God bless her.  After that eventful beginning I managed to reach the venue and join a crowd of 11000women runners.

The icing on the cake was to meet the ever so handsome Milind Suman and hear him talk about the Pinkathon and how he conceptualized the idea to help build breast cancer awareness. Once all the sponsor speeches were done we had an amazing warm session of Zumba.  Woman of all ages danced to some of the most amazing Latino music.

The run itself was a lot better than I thought it would and I managed to finish it in and 1 hour and 24 minutes. Not the best timing but better than my expectation. The best part of the run was when I saw women who had their husbands/ partners or just male friends running with them to motivate them and acted as their pacers. They weren’t embarrassed about the fact that they were running amongst so many women and were not part of the event.

This marathon made me realize how much more one can achieve if you have a partner who believes in you wants motivate you. While I would have loved to have hubby dearest as my pacer, he does his bit by believing in me and the fact that I should run more marathons.

 That’s all that I had to let you’ll know about the Pinkathon and my experience. If you want to be part of the marathon you could do that here.

Comments

  1. call me plssss....misplaced the number..pls call..hoping to meet u tom at 4 instead of 11ish..pls let me know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Congrats... so good to read this, i so want to get back to running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks RunnerGirl. running is rejuevnating in a lot of ways, so u should get back. wishing u all the luck

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Post

Bipasha Basu’s Breakfree - Review